Anchor City Rollers is a non-profit organization and is operated by skaters for skaters. We aim to welcome all within the community to our events with big smiles and open arms. We want people to feel a sense of welcoming and that they belong amongst our group. We are inspired by all those around us and we want to ensure we are inspiring others positively in thanks of all the support we receive. We give back as often and as much as we can.
Here are some of the organizations you’ve helped us support:
- In 2012, we collected food donations for Feed NS & Parker Street.
- In 2013, we collected non perishable food donations and school supplies at all of our bouts for Parker Street Food & Furniture Bank.
- In 2013, we held 50/50 draws at our bouts in support of the following local charities;
- Adsum House
- Youth Project
- Stepping Stone (2 X)
- Laing House (2 X)
- Phoenix House (2 X)
- In total for 2013, we raised $1,171.00 for these wonderful local charity groups.
- Later in the 2013 season, we also donated free bout tickets to a few of the charities listed above.
- We joined in the Halifax Pride Parade 2012 & 2013 skating our support.
- In November 2013, we collected items listed on Stepping Stone’s “wish list” from our members at practices & meetings.
- During January & February 2014, we collected items for Out Of The Cold Emergency Shelter.
- In 2016, we collected food donations at bouts for the Parker Street Food & Furniture Bank. The proceeds for our 50/50 went to Laing House, the Youth Project, Ark, Veith House, and Stepping Stone. We also donated $150 to Metro Non Profit Housing for the use of their sound system.
Thank you for helping us support our community.